Wednesday, July 2, 2008

smitten. smoldering.

I'm one of those people who uses three out of four stove-top burners for one meal. Pay close attention - I have a way of juggling too much, but I'll make it look like I was born to stir three pots at once.

Today someone asked me about how much I trusted God's providence. I didn't have much of an answer, so I thought it was best to stew on the question a bit. And eight hours later I'm suddenly struck sick with the thought that this might not work out the way I thought. Or hoped. And I'm not sure what to do with that. I'm not ready to just let go of this. In fact, I'm pretty adamantly refusing. And it's not the thought of not gaining something that's painful; it's losing something.

I'm not sure where I wandered off. But I found myself in a good place. So imagine my surprise only to return to find all these pots boiling over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love thee.