Tuesday, March 11, 2008

my heart keeps me broke

Today I got up and it didn't feel like my life.

I wonder if I'm in a re-make of Body Snatchers.

No? I know you don't think it's possible, and even if I WAS a Pod Person, how would I know, right? Look. I know that's what you're thinking, but if you knew me like I knew me, you could tell. Because I can tell. My words aren't as soft. My attention isn't focused. My heart is wandering. I guess this is one of those times people in the Church like to call a "valley." And I guess they're normal. But for someone like me, you know - a "feeler," it's hard to go all day and just feel like I'm on auto-pilot. Or to feel so uninspired. Or remind myself of those emo kids in high school. That can't be good.

I need something to shake things up. Not necessarily reckless, as I've tried that and it's not had the expected outcome. But something that makes me feel like myself again. Because Lord knows I would HATE to get home and find myself making dinner, although finding a Pod Person in my kitchen would be quickly over-shadowed by the fact that I don't have to worry about dinner tonight... But I'm not entirely convinced it isn't possible. (The Pod Person, not worrying about dinner.)

No comments: